Previous articleShooting suspect turns himself inNext articleEric Holcomb sworn in for a second term as Indiana governor Tommie Lee New strain of COVID-19 has arrived in Indiana Facebook CoronavirusIndianaLocalNewsSouth Bend Market Twitter Pinterest By Tommie Lee – January 11, 2021 3 349 WhatsApp Google+ Pinterest Twitter Facebook WhatsApp (Photo supplied/Berrien County Health Department) Indiana’s Department of Health says a new strain of the coronavirus has come to The Hoosier State.The new strain is a mutation of COVID-19 that is easier to transmit from person to person. It was first identified in Great Britain.So far the new strain is not proving to be more deadly or causing more severe infections, but it is far easier to spread and has now been found in Indiana. For that reason, State Health Commissioner Dr. Kristina Box says it’s more important than ever for Hoosiers to continue to wear their masks, practice social distancing, maintain good hygiene and get vaccinated when they are eligible. Google+
Johannesburg-Harare: from 18 to 19 flights a weekJohannesburg-Lusaka: 20 to 21Johannesburg-Abidjan: from two to threeJohannesburg-Blantyre: from two to threeJohannesburg-Dar es Salaam: from 13 to 14Johannesburg-Kinshasa: from four to sixJohannesburg-Nairobi: from 10 to 11Johannesburg-Ndola: from three to fourJohannesburg-Windhoek: 20 to 21 SAinfo reporter 11 August 2014 In response to “tremendous growth” in demand for premium travel in Africa, South African Airways will increase its Airbus flights between Johannesburg and Lagos, Nigeria, to eight times a week from the beginning of September, the airline announced in a statement last week. This increase to SAA’s “already extensive African flight schedule” aims to offer customers more travel options on the continent as well as meet increased cargo demand, the airline said.Route network It will also offer “seamless travel” for passengers en route to Perth, Australia, Hong Kong and mainland China. “The increase on the Lagos route follows on previous increases to the airline’s Africa route network, in keeping with SAA’s Gaining Altitude strategy, where the focus is on strengthening our presence in Africa,” said Kendy Phohleli, SAA’s acting general manager commercial. “All flights will be operated with a long-haul Airbus aircraft offering lie-flat seats in business class,” Pholeli said. SAA has also made changes to its international route network, where the Johannesburg-Mumbai route has been reduced to six weekly frequencies. The same number of seats are on offer, however, as SAA is using a bigger aircraft. “The Tuesday Mumbai departure will no longer be operated as this flight historically shows low demand,” Phohleli said. He said frequencies on low-performing routes were constantly being adjusted to achieve and maintain commercial sustainability, “while supporting South Africa’s development agenda”. Other Africa routes on which weekly frequencies were recently increased include:
Tags:#enterprise#Interviews [Disclosure: IBM paid for a plane ticket and hotel room for Alex Williams to attend the IBM Information On Demand Conference.] IT + Project Management: A Love Affair Massive Non-Desk Workforce is an Opportunity fo… Related Posts At the IBM Information on Demand conference, we asked Robert Ashe to sketch how he sees integration between the company’s business intelligence and collaboration technologies. What he shows is how business intelligence applications and Lotus products could connect business users through mashups and social interactions. He is a general manager at IBM and leads the company’s Business Intelligence and Performance Management efforts. He was CEO at Cognos before the company was acquired by IBM in 2007. alex williams 3 Areas of Your Business that Need Tech Now Cognitive Automation is the Immediate Future of…
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has refuted to the allegations made by Umar Akmal with regards to his omission from the ICC Champions Trophy squad, and said that the middle-order batsman is making a bogus attempt to deviate attention from his own failures.Akmal had accused Pakistan head coach Mickey Arthur of abusing him and barring him from practicing at the National Cricket Academy (NCA).In his allegations against the Pakistan head coach, Akmal maintained that he was dropped from the team for the Champions Trophy after unjustified warning and wasn’t allowed to take the fitness test.Issuing a statement on Friday, the PCB said, “While making frivolous allegations against the national team management, Umar has made a bogus attempt to deviate attention from his own failings. Umar was given as many as seven chances to improve his fitness and match the standards of his teammates, laid out by the team management.””Umar was given a program to improve his fitness like other players before the West Indies tour and after he failed the tests in Lahore, he was left out of the team. After clearing another test before the squad selection on eve of the ICC Champions Trophy in England, Umar was included in the eventual 15-member squad.”The board further stated that Arthur had placed Akmal in his white ball format plans and gave him repeated chances for redemption.”Unfortunately the batsman remained incapable of reaching the requisite fitness level,” the statement said.The statement further read that the PCB awaits Akmal’s response to the show cause issued to him and hopes that in the meantime, the “batsman will refrain from making baseless allegations”.advertisementAccording to The Express Tribune, the middle-order batsman further claimed that Arthur verbally abused him in front of chief selector Inzamam-ul-Haq. Akmal also claimed that other players were victims of regular abuse from the national coach.The 27-year-old cricketer said, “Mickey Arthur abused me and used inappropriate words for me.”Adding, Akmal said, “He has debarred me from the academy and told me to play club cricket. No player stepped in to ask him not to use such language for a Pakistan international. It’s not befitting of Arthur to abuse Pakistani players.”However, Arthur had brushed aside all allegations levelled against him by Akmal by saying, “He wanted to use Grant Flower’s services for batting. I told him he must earn the right to use the support staff and should first play club cricket. Nobody here should be taken for granted.”The right-handed batsman is known for creating controversies throughout his playing career, either relating to discipline or fitness. He has been involved in regular spats with team members, the most recent one with Junaid Khan. The player has also been dropped from the team often because of these concerns.
New Delhi, Nov 1 (IANS) Two-time Commonwealth Games gold medallist shooter Heena Sidhu on Thursday said the sport has come a long way and it is great to see the popularity of shooting growing in the country.”Shooting has come a long way. There used to be a time at the shooting range where I used to turn on the lights early in the morning. Now when I go to the range at 8 in the morning, I find at least 8-10 people over there,” Heena said at the CNBC-TV18 Young Turks conclave here.”Sports has now become a part of our culture. It’s great to see and know that there are lot of youngsters taking up sports these days,” she added.Heena said its good to see a change in mindset of the parents when it comes to their children choosing to take up sports as a serious career choice.”Parents used to always push their kids towards a more academical profession since it offered their child a better sense of emotional and financial security. Now sports has become a serious career option and parents are enrolling their kids into academies,” she said.–IANSgau/ajb/vm
SAN DIEGO (KUSI) — A total of 20 influenza-related deaths were reported last week in San Diego County, bringing this flu season’s total fatalities in the region to 251, the county Health and Human Services Agency announced Wednesday.Last week also brought another uptick in the total number of lab- confirmed cases. There were 941 cases last week, up from 835 the week before, which brought an end to a weeks-long downward trend in the number of cases.“Influenza activity continues to be widespread and, unfortunately, more people are dying from the flu,” said Dr. Wilma Wooten, the county’s public health officer. “People should continue getting vaccinated and taking other preventive measures to prevent getting sick.”The predominant strain this season is H3N2, which has a more severe impact on the elderly and very young children. County health officials said 87 percent of deaths in the region this season have been those over the age of 65.Wooten said while the use of detailed reporting systems contributes to high numbers compared to prior years and in other parts of the country, this continues to be one of the region’s worst flu seasons on record.At this time last year, 44 deaths and 3,368 total confirmed cases had been tallied, compared to the 251 deaths and 16,078 cases this season.Vaccines are available at doctors’ offices and retail pharmacies. Those without insurance can go to a county public health center to get vaccinated. For a list of locations, visit www.sdiz.org or call 211. February 14, 2018 Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter KUSI Newsroom KUSI Newsroom, 20 flu-related deaths reported last week, flu season total rises to 251 Posted: February 14, 2018
“Wheels of Change” offers part-time jobs, transportation for homeless 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave Settings Updated: 3:25 PM Posted: February 26, 2018 , Categories: Good Morning San Diego, Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsThe City of San Diego has announced a new program that provides day jobs and transportation for homeless people. Councilmember Scott Sherman says the program, called “Wheels of Change,” could help address one aspect of a multifaceted issue.“There’s a segment of the homeless who do want to work and want to try and get back on their feet,” Sherman said. “They’re out there.”A van will pick up 10 to 12 people at a time and take them to do jobs like weed-pulling, brush abatement and litter cleanup. Sherman says this will make city employees available for other jobs while helping people get on their feet. It may also help homeless people build networks with people who can help them find permanent housing.The first six months of the program will be funded by the private citizen who first brought the idea to the city.“They believed in it so strongly that they’re going to fund the first six months,” Sherman said. “They already bought the van. It’s all ready to go. It just shows that this is a community wide program and it takes more than just one segment of the community trying to solve it.”KUSI’s Ed Lenderman was live at the Barrio Logan bridge shelter on Good Morning San Diego with more information. February 26, 2018