Sonics to stick around: Even if a new arena proposal doesn’t win the support of lawmakers, the Seattle SuperSonics will remain in the Pacific Northwest for at least one more season, team spokesman Tom Savage said. “Wade is presently weighing his treatment options provided to him by the Heat medical staff,” the team said in a statement. Trades: The Portland Trail Blazers traded guard Juan Dixon to the Toronto Raptors for guard Fred Jones and future considerations. … The Utah Jazz acquired veteran forward Alan Henderson from Philadelphia just before the trade deadline. The Jazz and 76ers exchanged the right to trade second-round picks in the 2007 draft. Philadelphia also included undisclosed cash considerations in the deal. … Veteran guard Anthony Johnson will begin his third stint with Atlanta after the Dallas Mavericks traded him for the Hawks’ second-round draft pick. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Dwyane Wade is considering season-ending surgery to repair his dislocated left shoulder, which would be the biggest loss yet for the Miami Heat during their rocky reign as NBA champions. The All-Star guard was hurt in the fourth quarter of Wednesday night’s 112-102 loss at Houston. Wade flew home early Thursday in a private plane and was examined at a hospital by team physician Dr. Harlan Selesnick.
Job Vacancy: Springboard Family Support Project is a community based organisation who works under the auspice of Finn Valley Family Resource Centre CLG. The service works with children and families in order to provide intensive family support to those most vulnerable ensuring best outcomes for those children and families.We are currently seeking to recruit a Family Support Worker who will be responsible for delivery of individual and group Family Support processes project area.The base for this role is in the Springboard Office, Raphoe, Co.Donegal The Family Support Worker will ensure that the ethos, aims, objectives and actions of the project are fulfilled in line with service policies. The role is 30 hours per week.The successful candidate will have:• At least three years experience in the delivery of family support• A third level qualification relevant to the post• A clear understanding of Family Support, Meitheal and existing referral pathways in Co. Donegal• Proven ability to network and work on an interagency basis• Excellent IT and Report Writing SkillsFurther information and application forms can be obtained by emailing the project administrator at: email@example.comNB: CV’s will not be accepted • Short listing criteria will apply• Salary will commensurate with similar positions in the community/voluntary sector• A panel will be formed in the event of future posts becoming availableClosing date for applications: Friday 9th August at 1:00pm. This is a specific purpose contract for 12 months which may be extended subject to funding.Interviews will take place on Monday 19th August.Completed applications to be emailed to the Project Manager at firstname.lastname@example.orgJob Vacancy: Family Support Worker required was last modified: July 23rd, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:family support workerFinn Valley Family Resource Centre CLGSpringboard Family Support ProjectSpringboard Office
IN DEMAND Cavani ‘agrees’ to join new club and will complete free transfer next summer Monaco were also keen earlier in the window but their interest appears to have cooled, while Borussia Dortmund and Marco Silva’s Everton remain in the hunt.And the Toffees are ready to make the first move but launching an offer for Léa-Siliki.The midfielder impressed during Rennes 4-1 victory over Everton in a pre-season friendly earlier this month and the Premier League side are confident of snapping him up.Dortmund remain Everton’s closest transfer rivals and the two clubs are ready to go head-to-head in a race for his signature. Tony Cascarino backs Everton to sign two strikers for Carlo Ancelotti James Lea Siliki celebrates scoring for Rennes. Latest Transfer News Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January Everton are keeping tabs on Rennes midfielder James Léa-Siliki, according to L’Equipe.The 22-year-old has been strongly linked with a transfer to Benfica, while several other clubs are being attracted to the player. RANKED targets three-way race REVEALED Kevin De Bruyne ‘loves Man City and wants to keep winning’, reveals father Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ targets 1 LATEST Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade moving on LIVING THE DREAM Liverpool’s signings under Michael Edwards – will Minamino be the next big hit? TOP WORK The biggest market value losers in 2019, including Bale and ex-Liverpool star Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland Chelsea confident of beating Man United and Liverpool to Sancho signing
Ninety Seconds’, an independent Irish thriller set in the near future, has this week begun shooting in various locations around Co Donegal – including inside Century Cinemas in Letterkenny.And the director is looking to fill a few more parts locally.Written and directed by Gerard Lough, the short film is privately funded and produced by Arcadia Films, who are based in Ireland and the UK. Its producers are Michael Parle (The Shadows, The Escapist), who also stars, and Martin Neely. The shoot is due to last three weeks in total and the completed film will be entered into festivals worldwide.The Century Cinemas scenes involved actress Emma Eliza Regan (The Shadows) who plays Elly, an underground dancer.The film will follow a cynical surveillance expert who takes on an unusual assignment that will lead him into a downward spiral of paranoia and obsession.Earlier this year, Lough won the award for Most Exciting Breakthrough in the directing category by Horror Cult Films for ‘The Boogeyman’, a 27-minute film adaptation of a short story by Stephen King. Prior to that, Lough had directed several music videos for independent artists in America and Ireland.Emma Eliza Regan is no stranger to dark roles having recently starred in Colin Downey’s dark fairytale ‘The Shadows’.She also starred in Brendan Muldowney’s horror ‘Love Eternal’ and Ivan Kavanagh’s psychological thriller ‘Tin Can Man’, which picked up the critics’ choice Special Jury Award at this year’s Jameson Dublin International Film Festival.Other cast includes Andrew Norry, Claire J Blennerhassett (Nacht und Träum) and Simon Fogarty (November).Gerard Lough told donegaldaily.com: “Andrew Norry is a local actor who I have worked with several times before. “The is mostly being shot on location in Letterkenny. On Monday one of the film’s most complex sequences was shot at screen 1 in Century Cinemas (below)“There are are still a couple of small parts that are still to be cast, local actors can get in touch through the fim’s Facebook page. The first trailer will be released in June. Although set five years from now, the film wil touch on very topical themes such as illegal surveillance and hacking.”FILMING UNDER WAY IN DONEGAL FOR NEW GERARD LOUGH MOVIE was last modified: April 2nd, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:FILMING UNDER WAY IN DONEGAL FOR NEW GERARD LOUGH MOVIE
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! CRAWFORD, Texas – War protesters say they are determined to demonstrate outside President George W. Bush’s ranch during the Thanksgiving holiday despite the arrests of a dozen people on Wednesday. The group had pitched six tents along the road in defiance of new local bans on roadside camping and parking. Many in the group held up signs, including one that said “Give me liberty or give me a ditch.” More than two dozen McLennan County sheriff’s deputies arrived and asked whether they wanted to walk out on their own or be carried. Two chose to be carried. A dozen others left after deputies warned them they would be arrested. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREBlues bury Kings early with four first-period goals The 12 arrested for criminal trespassing were released later in the afternoon on personal recognizance bonds and ordered to appear in court in January.
Micheál Cholm Mac Giolla Easbuig has said that new initiatives are urgently needed to regenerate the inshore fishery sector if it is to have a sustainable future.Mac Giolla Easbuig told Donegal Daily, “The fishing community have suffered irreparable damage since the closure of the driftnet fishery for salmon seven years agoIndependent TD Thomas Pringle and county council election candidate Micheál Cholm Mac Giolla Easbuig met with fishermen in Burtonport on Monday.“Coupled with the unworkable fishing constraints on Area VIa which date back to 2009 with the introduction of the Cod Recovery Plan and it’s easy to see why the small scale fishermen operating in Donegal’s inshore waters are suffering so badly. “New initiatives for the inshore sector are badly needed and some of the recommendations of the Report on Sustainable Rural Coastal and Island Communities from an Oireachtas fisheries sub-committee, could if implemented help regenerate the inshore sector.According to Mac Giolla Easbuig the announcement of a National Inshore Fisheries Forum, may have the potential to assist the inshore sector but only if it is wholly representative and run by those fishermen who are actively engaged in and dependant on it.Mac Giolla Easbuig added, “Having talked with fishermen, many have spoken of their frustration at unlicensed and recreational fishermen being allowed to fish on the same grounds with as much gear as fully licensed commercial fishermen, who rely on these stocks to make a living.“In my view there is nothing wrong with people taking to the sea to fish for their own table and I would defend it, so long as their catch is kept for their own consumption. “But I agree that a balance needs to be struck which safeguards the sustainability of the lobster, brown crab and shrimp stocks and that a review of the licensing system is needed which should take this into account.”Mac Giolla Easbuig admits he won’t pretend to understand the full implications as to what fishermen go through on a day to day basis, what legislation they have to adhere to or what is the best way for their fisheries to move forward and make it a brighter future for them, their families and their communities.“But I can tell you that what I lack in my own personal knowledge of the fishing industry is duly compensated in listening to and seeking advice from others who have an extensive knowledge of what drives the fishing industry.“Thankfully many of whom I can say are also part of my team.“I am more than willing to sit with fishermen and their representatives and listen to how and what I can do to assist them in breathing much needed life back into our coastal communities. ELECTION 2014: MAC GIOLLA EASBUIG CALLS FOR NEW INITIATIVES TO HELP INSHORE FISHING was last modified: May 21st, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Election 2014: Michael Cholm Mac Giolla EasbuignewsPolitics
QPR are on course for another hammering at Craven Cottage.Moussa Dembele, Ben Pringle and Ross McCormack scored for Fulham in totally one-sided first half of the west London derby.Dembele put the Whites ahead after just two minutes when he sneaked in unmarked to head home James Husband’s left-wing cross.And worse followed for Chris Ramsey’s side after Alejandro Faurlin gave the ball away on 19 minutes.Pringle pounced on Faurlin’s attempted pass to Karl Henry and fired past keeper Rob Green from the edge of the penalty area.QPR, beaten 6-0 at Fulham in 2011, have been woeful, although Massimo Luongo missed a great chance to equalise shortly before the second goal when a nice Rangers move ended with the Australian steering a first-time shot wide of the near post.When Fulham put together a similar string of passes, McCormack was spotted by Tom Cairney after drifting away from Nedum Onouha and the striker finished brilliantly, shooting beyond Green and into the far corner.Fulham: Lonergan, Fredericks, Stearman, Ream, Husband, Cairney, O’Hara, Tunnicliffe, Pringle, McCormack, Dembele.Subs: Lewis, Burn, Voser, Mattila, Christensen, Kavanagh, Woodrow.QPR: Green, Perch, Onuoha, Angella, Konchesky, Faurlin, Henry, Phillips, Luongo, Chery (Mackie 35), Austin.Subs: Smithies, Tozser, Hall, Doughty, Fer, Gladwin.Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
* * *Subscribe to the Mercury News and East Bay Times for $40 a year and receive a free Warriors championship coffee table book* * *OAKLAND – The question left Stephen Curry pondering for almost 12 seconds. Did he like anything about the Warriors’ loss to Toronto?“Not really,” Curry said.Part of the reason for Curry’s harsh assessment? The Warriors also showed delayed reactions on defense. Not to the extent taking 12 seconds to respond. But the Warriors reacted slowly enough to allow the …
Raiders fans may not want to hear this, but Philip Rivers is actually a lot like them: He also hates to see the team leaving Oakland.And why wouldn’t he? The 37-year-old has enjoyed more success at the Coliseum than any quarterback in NFL history.Rivers gets one final shot to deliver more pain to the Raiders and their fans when the Chargers visit Thursday night, looking for their fifth straight victory over Oakland.In a stadium where Hall of Famers Terry Bradshaw, Joe Namath and Bob Griese …
At least 12 students, including six girls, allegedly committed suicide in several parts of Madhya Pradesh on Friday night as they were depressed over their class X and XII results conducted by the State board, the police said on Saturday.A brother-sister duo from Satna district were among the deceased. While the boy studied in class X, his sister was a student of class XII, police said. All the suicides were reported till late Friday night, hours after the exam results announced by the Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education (MPBSE).Police said the suicides were reported from different places, including Satna, Chhatarpur, Guna, Indore, Balaghat, Gwalior, Tikamgarh, Bhind, Jabalpur and Bhopal districts. “Three students, including the brother-sister duo, committed suicide in Satna after they failed in exams,” police spokesperson and forensic officer Dr J. S. Yadav said. “Rashmi Pandey (18), and her brother Dipendra Pandey (15) ended their lives by hanging themselves in their rooms in Khamriya Paysiyan village under Kolgwan police station area. Both of them had failed in the exam,” he said.Toxic substance“Similarly, Reena Singh of class XII ended her life after getting supplementary [not passing] in one subject, in Purva village under Singhpur police station area in Satna district,” he said.Naman Kadve, a class X student of Excellence School in Bhopal, allegedly committed suicide by injecting himself with a toxic substance at his home as he could not score 90% in the exam, in-charge of Bhopal’s Habibganj police station, Ravindra Yadav, said.“Naman got 74.4% marks and hence he was disappointed,” the officer added. A report from Indore said that class X student, Sumit Bagora, committed suicide by hanging himself after he failed in the board exam.